A great missionary leader once said, “The light that shines the farthest from home also shines the brightest at home!” The leadership of Calvary Corvallis praise God for the ways in which He has allowed our body to participate in His work around the world. Since sending out our first missionary family in the year 2000, we continue to see faithful servants raised up and called to serve in the furtherance of the gospel of Jesus Christ among the nations. If you want to get involved with missions, email Missions Pastor Chad Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” -Mark 16:15
“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:18-20
What does missions at Calvary look like?
- Focus, primarily, on cross-cultural ministries. We believe that cultural distance is more significant than geographic distance. Serving international students is a great example of this.
- Emphasize ministry to unreached people groups over those groups that already have an opportunity to respond to the gospel. This doesn’t mean, however, that we will be driven by statistics. God’s instructions are personal and his heart extends to all the lost – not just those in the 10/40 window.
- Demonstrate a passion for the establishment and strengthening of indigenous churches throughout the world. (“Indigenous church” means one that fits in a local environment, as a native tree or shrub grows naturally in a region.)
- Reflect Christ’s heart by ministering to the totality of human need.
- Update strategy and methodology, continually inviting and pursuing new ministry ideas.
How do we approach missions?
- We substantially support a number of missionaries whom we have sent to establish and strengthen churches around the world.
- We support the work of agencies and organizations which share our priorities and philosophy of ministry.
- We send short-term teams to evangelize, support established ministries, and complete projects in other cultures.
- We focus our resources to have maximum impact for God’s kingdom. There are many outstanding opportunities all over the world. We simply can’t be involved in all of them. We understand that there may be those in the church who will choose to become involved in cross-cultural ministries outside of our missions program. We want to encourage those people and will prayerfully consider how we can promote or support their efforts as well.
Who are our missionaries?
We are connected to a number of missionaries serving around the world.