Corvallis has a fast-growing international community of about 4000 students from more than 100 nations. Our heart is to reach out to these visitors, welcoming them to our city and extending the love of Jesus to them. The Nations Team is comprised of Rick Fletcher, Adam Poole, Desiree Gorham, Reuben & Sarah Wai, and Rhawn Krogh. Our purpose is to make disciples of all nations within Corvallis and the surrounding areas. We are a team that strives to educate and involve the body of our church to serve and reach internationals with the love of Jesus. With a clear strategy to be on mission, we invite you to be a part of sharing the gospel with and loving on those around us. Help is needed to welcome these students to Corvallis by attending/serving at outreach events, meeting with students one on one, or having students live in local homes.
Upcoming Events & Connection Points
- Girl’s Nights: Every Thursday at 8pm in North Corvallis. (For college age/young professional women only) Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
- Option 1: Host a student (or a few!) to join you in your home for Thanksgiving! To sign up to host students, click here.
- Option 2 – International Friendsgiving: Potential date set for Sunday Evening, November 18th at 5pm.
- Wreath-Making Party: Potential date set for December 9th.
- Tillamook Trip: Date to be determined
Ongoing Connection Points
Connect with Visiting Scholars
If you are interested in connecting with visiting scholars, contact Rick or Sharon.
International Friendship Program
Befriend an international student! The International Friendship Program provides support and opportunities designed to assist international students and scholars during their adjustment period by connecting them with friends from the community. The program also provides an opportunity for the friends from the community to get to meet and know students and scholars from across the globe. See more from OSU here, or talk with Reuben or Desiree.
Cultural Ambassador Conversant Program
Spend an hour a week getting to know an international student and letting them get to know you through conversation! See more from OSU here.
Do you have some ideas? We want to hear them!
For more info, questions or suggestions you may have, contact: Reuben at email@example.com or Desiree at firstname.lastname@example.org